Harp Faculty – Flint Institute of Music 2007 – Present
- Instruct beginning and intermediate level harpists in a private studio environment.
- Perform and travel with Flint Institute of Music faculty for faculty recitals and annual French-American exchange to advertise and promote Flint Institute of Music programs.
- Present the harp for young musicians aged 4-12 in both formal and informal settings.
- Keep accurate and up to date records on student’s information, progress and attendance. Meet and maintain Flint Institute of Music goals on student enrollment and progress.
- Collaborate with office personnel and assist with financial aid decisions for all harp students.
HarpFusion Ambassador – University of Arizona 2003 – 2007
- Perform and travel with 14-member harp ensemble to promote HarpFusion and the University of Arizona.
- Assist auditioning students and incoming freshman with University of Arizona policies and procedures.
- Participated as a peer instructor for the Arizona Summer Harp Experience, a summer harp program.
- Perform and present the harp to over 500 elementary, middle and high school students.
- Principal Harpist for Lansing Symphony Orchestra.
- Performed as Principal and Substitute Harpist for Ann Arbor Symphony, Flint Symphony, Southern Arizona Symphony, Salt Lake Symphony and the Olympic International Orchestra (2002).
- Performed several harp concertos with the Murray Symphony including the Handel, Concerto in B-flat; Saint-Saëns, Morceau de Concert; Rodrigo, Concierto Serenata; and Malecki, Concerto in an Old Style for two harps.
- Recorded two CDs with the University of Arizona’s Harp Ensemble, HarpFusion.
- Performed and Traveled with HarpFusion for four years to China, Korea, Spain and throughout the South West United States.
- Performed several solo and chamber faculty recitals at the Flint Institute of Music.
- Competed in and won several competitions including the University of Arizona Concerto Competition, Maria Rosa Calvo-Manzano Spanish International harp Competition, and the ASTA National Solo Competition.
Masters of Music (harp) Performance (GPA – 8.0) August 2009
University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI
- Prof. Joan Holland and Prof. Lynne Aspnes
Bowdoin Summer Music Festival
Bowdoin College, Brunswick, ME July 2009
- June Han
Bachelors of Music (harp) Performance (GPA – 3.8) April 2007
University of Arizona, Tucson, AZ
Dr. Carrol McLaughlin